Bushcraft Fire, Shelter, Water & Backcountry Cooking
Designed as a follow on from the Family Bushcraft Experience this full-day course will allow you to further develop your bushcraft and survival skills as well as learning some new ones along the way. The day will cover:
- Firecraft - Experiment with the six methods of making flame, including fire by friction. Learn to select your tinder and firewood and how to build successful fires whatever the weather. Plus how to make minimal impact and leave no trace.
- Backcountry Cooking - Cook your lunch over your own fires! We will provide you with ingredients, pans and cooking utensils so that you can become a true backwoods bushcraft cook (please feel free to bring your own food if you prefer).
- Shelter - We'll show you how to build shelters that can provide protection from the elements or just give you ideas on how to make your own dens and camps to share with your family.
- Water - Water is essential for human body to maintain health. We will show you how to find water in the natural landscape and how to filter, purify and store it for safe use.
This course is run from 10am - 4pm.
Students will need to bring:-
- Warm clothing
- Hat and Gloves
- Suitable Outdoor Footwear
- Warm Socks
- Cups or Large Mug.
- Packed Lunch and Soft Drinks
- Spare Dry Clothes Are Highly Recommended
- Note Books With Pen or Pencil